recommendation for laptop with Linux

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Aug 20 15:51:11 CDT 2004

How about running the SuSE LiveCD on the laptop in the store and see if everything works?  Or try
Knoppix.  You'll know real quick if sound will work with Knoppix.  There is a sound file that plays
at startup and shutdown.  Turn the volume up during the boot.

Brian Kelsay

>>> Gary Hildebrand <ghldbrd at ccp.com> 08/20/04 10:45AM >>>

First thing would be to load my SuSE distro and see what happens.  I
just don't want to cause them any headaches trying to get Winblows
reloaded/configured again.

I'll see if I can't get some model numbers and collate them against your
suggestions.