recommendation for laptop with Linux

Gary Hildebrand ghldbrd at ccp.com
Fri Aug 20 14:55:48 CDT 2004

I see that Beyond Bytes has some Compaq laptops for sale.  I'm just
hesitant about getting one, as I've heard from several sources that many
of them had tricked-out Winblows to make them work.

Also, Monitor Depot in Riverside has a small selection of laptops
(mostly IBM's yeech).  I'm in a very tight budget (isn't everyone these
days????)  so getting something at new retail price is out of the
question.

First thing would be to load my SuSE distro and see what happens.  I
just don't want to cause them any headaches trying to get Winblows
reloaded/configured again.

I'll see if I can't get some model numbers and collate them against your
suggestions.

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO