Fedora Core 2 on Compaq DL380 - Update

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Fri Aug 20 12:58:08 CDT 2004

Good morning!

This is an update on the Compaq DL380 server question I had a few days
ago.  I ordered the Fedora Core 2 CDs off of eBay and just got done
installing it (sucessfully!) on the DL380.

I have a slight snag though with my monitor (which is not the one I will
be using at home just a spare I have at work).  It's a Dell.  I was "dumb"
during the setup procedure and bumped the resolution above 1024x768.  Now
it's "freaked out" and not displaying correctly on the login screen.

I was able to login to KDE desktop and reset KDE to 1024x768 but how do I
change the resolution on the login screen?

Is there a file somewhere I can edit?

Thanks so much for your help!

Jon Moss
jon.moss at cnonline.net