Yet another Linux on the desktop article

rcedelman at comcast.net rcedelman at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 15:20:56 CDT 2004

Sorry for the top-posting, but oh well.

The "nosuid" mount option is nice, but it's not a default. You can mount "noexec" too for that
matter. But again, with physical access to the machine, what is to top someone from rebooting and
passing say "init=/bin/ash" as a kernel parameter? BOOM! Instant root. Granted, no GUI, but it's
all there, and it's all free for the taking.