RPMs.

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Sep 16 20:56:08 CDT 2003

On Sunday 14 September 2003 6:37 pm, lowell wrote:

> This is a CONSTANT occurence w/ rpm; I don't know what to do about it,
> though...

I haven't had a problem with an RPM install hanging since I started running on
reasonably stable hardware.  This is about five years of use, and the only
problems were long, long ago on pretty shakey systems, low RAM, low HD.

Using the --force option should (per man pages and personal experience) take
care of any aborted install, --rebuilddb should cover anything else.

Have you had specific install problems with your system that we could perhaps
help you with?