Taking the Plunge-- Still

jmneedham at kc.rr.com jmneedham at kc.rr.com
Fri Oct 31 00:42:53 CST 2003

Brian:

Thanks for your input... I have went ahead and began the ftp install of SuSE 8.2 and it is (so far)
going very well... I am basically going with the defaults and now have taken out any "weird
hardware" until I get a stable base system.

Again, I do thank everyone who gave me help and I may revisit Gentoo in a year or so when I build
the next machine once I have become more familiar with the system and so on.  It is amazing how
little I know even though I worked with FreeBSD and MacOS X lately, I never could get a FBSD
install to work either, though I count my MacOS X and some of the 'admin knowledge' I gained
working with others' systems does carry over, but I am bound and determined to learn Linux as I am
VERY tired of Microsoft!

I have always supported Open Source, but now it is time to walk the walk, not just be theorhetical
:-)

Thanks again,

--
J. Mike Needham