Win32 Software [OT] Karl Marx

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.net
Wed Oct 29 03:40:11 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Kelsay" <bkelsay at comcast.net>

> Do most of you realize that he was high on cocaine when
> he wrote his stuff about dreams and penis imagery?

Um...  Do you have any idea what you're talking about here?  What the
psychological or physiological effects of cocaine _actually_ are?

I respectfully submit that the mere basics of establishing what the heck
you're talking about here - Freud's relevance to our modern understanding of
psychology, which specific details of his theories are still relevant, how
much closer to truth they came than the prevailing theories of the time, to
say nothing of the impact of various mind-altering substances on the
cognitive processes are as far beyond the topicality of this list as the
various economic theories that gave rise to our current understanding of the
modern science.

This is not the place for you to begin your education on these subjects, nor
is it the appropriate place for us to correct your many misconceptions.

Let us get back to Linux here.