taking the plunge -- version 1.1

jmneedham at kc.rr.com jmneedham at kc.rr.com
Tue Oct 28 21:17:57 CST 2003

Hi Chris:

Yeah, I would love help setting it up and wondered if there was a way to set it up during the
installation of Gentoo so it can get the latest drivers over the lan, but first things first:
Where do I download those drivers?  I believe my card is the same card you have.

WMP11 Version 4 is my Linksys Model Number.

it is most definately an 802.11B card only, (no G or A)

I am assuming (though I have never done it) that I will need to recompile the kernel to include the
driver?

I have a little bit of a chicken and egg senario going on as I have a "LIVECD" of Gentoo 1.4 for P4
which is my machine and I suppose I can use the "canned" tar for installation and update later (you
Gentoo folks feel free to answer this!)  for the Portage part of the install... but would prefer
the latest builds.  so getting the wireless up is like the first priority.

Thanks for responding about my Elite Duo, I was wondering not about them working so much as is
there an iTouch like program for Linux to run the programmable keys is my real question with it.

Thanks to all who have helped and I do have some clarification quesions about the Gentoo install
which I will address in another post.

Thanks again,

--
J. Mike Needham