OpenCD

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Oct 24 21:25:56 CDT 2003

   I volunteer to create the ISO for the "Open Source Software for Win32"
   CD. In light of Jared's comments, I'm wondering if a CD containing
   Windows software would be appropriate as we had planned.
   Most of the programs we'd include on that disk could be downloaded by
   anyone with the will in a matter of minuets. What if we focus our CD
   burning resources on Knoppix, Gnoppix, or Morphix and instead create a
   1 sheet quick reference of all of the software available under an OSI
   approved license? Some software I have listed so far:
     * Apache 2
     * MySQL + ODBC link-ups
     * Ethereal
     * GIMP
     * SodiPodi
     * OpenOffice
     * Celestia
     * Xaos
     * Filezilla
     * NMapFE
     * Mozilla, Firebird and Thunderbird

   Or maybe just a page of links to repositories of OSS software? Like
   Sourceforge or HappyPenguin?