Whois

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 03:15:31 CDT 2003

--- Gerald Combs wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Brian Densmore wrote:
>
> > IIRC, the IP addresses aren't running out for the
> US, but
> > APNIC is predicted to run out in 2005 and RIPE in
> 2008.
>
> All four registries get addresses from a common pool
> that IANA maintains,
> and IANA has plenty to give out.  According to
> APNIC's director, the
> address shortage rumor is just that -- a rumor:

http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-1020653.html?tag=fd_top

ROFL. I guess they can't make up their mind.
I got my information from the same website.
Three days ago!

http://news.com.com/2100-1038-5094070.html

and it says the exact opposite!
And so does this one only four days after the one you
found!

http://news.com.com/2100-1033-5055803.html

What's a poor reader to believe! lol