Wireless on RedHat

Dan Mesimer dmesimer at kc.rr.com
Thu Oct 23 22:53:06 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 17:15, Christopher A. Bier wrote:

>   Hi Jeff,
>   On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 12:06, Jeff Perry wrote:
>   > I just built a new machine (VIA M10000) and installed RedHat 9.0 on
>   > it (extremely easily, I might add) but the layout of my house is
> such
>   > that prohibits running cable. I have a NetGear MA111 USB Adapter
> that
>   > I purchased intending to use with my notebook but thought I could
> use
>   > on this machine. I have used Google and been unable to find any
>   > resources to make this work.
>   <snip />
>   > 1. Has anyone had any experience with this particular card and made
> it
>   > work with RedHat or any other distro?
>
>   I haven't worked with that card, but I have a wireless card.  It looks
>   like your card is supported by the linux-wlan project.
>
>   http://www.linux-wlan.org/

I agree.  I am using oneof the 802.11b Wireless PCMCIA cards on my
laptop with Redhat linux 9.0.  The following is a site that provides RPM
packages of the wlan-ng drivers/software.  I use it and haven't
experienced any rather large problems.

http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/

--
Dan Mesimer <dmesimer at kc.rr.com>