C++ & Microsoft Problems

Dan Mesimer dmesimer at kc.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 23:25:06 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 06:49, John T wrote:
> Hey everybody!
>
> I am trying to work on my classword for a programming class using gcc under
> Debian. Unfortunately, since the class uses Visual C++, the compiler doesn't
> handle my code very well. I am pretty sure it's just a matter of copying the
> headers over to the right location.

Could you copy to gcc output to an email.  The output would be helpful.
Also using g++ is preferred for compiling C++ programs.

> Which brings me to another problem. Every line in the headers has a "^M"
> appended to it. I know there's a way to strip those from the files but I
> haven't been able to get the command just right.

use the dos2unix command to strip out the funny characters.

> So, are there any experienced programs out there who wouldn't mind telling me
> how to strip those pesky little "^M" critters, and where I should put the
> includes where I can remove them easily later? For instance, would /usr/
> include/msinclude work?

I don't know enough of the problem.  Are you actually using Windows
specific headers? Meaning included in your files?

--
Dan Mesimer <dmesimer at kc.rr.com>