Cron/Xwindows

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Oct 22 16:29:03 CDT 2003

> > Can you imagine the trouble that could happen if user joe
> was allowed to
> > open random programs on user jane's xclient?
>
> Why should this be an issue?  We have plenty of ways to check
> file and device
> permissions.
I can picture lots of reasons.
1) evil user launches an alternate login screen on xclient
   and steals users login information;
2) evil user launches hidden window that monitors user;
3) evil user launches install window, that steals users login
   and then proceeds to steal/alter/corrupt/destroy user's files;
4) evil remote user launches disgusting site on user's desktop;

maybe I'm just paranoid though. ;)