Windows-Only Web Sites

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Oct 20 13:38:33 CDT 2003

I seem to have run into a couple of web pages that I can only really use with
Internet Explorer.  One is the control page for my DLink wireless AP - I can
change any of the settings, but the "apply" button doesn't work.

This weekend I encountered http://www.portablelink.com.  Their site works
great, except the "add to cart" button doesn't appear unless I use IE.

I suspect that Jason may know the answer here - what are they using that's
causing Konqueror, Galeon, and Mozilla to fail?  Is there a setting I can
change for Linux browsers to get around this?  Is there a Linux browser that
doesn't have this problem?