Hiring in K.C.

Rusty kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 15:54:36 CDT 2003

--- Zscoundrel <Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com> wrote:
> I just saw a pollyanna-esk newsletter claiming the KC area would be
> adding 21000 jobs in 4th quarter of 2004.  Those are impressive
> numbers
> except for their BS like quality and the fact that many of us will
> have
> starved to death in the next 12 months.  I also have to laugh at the
> cluelessness of the people that get all excited about the
> unemployment
> rate dropping.  The just don't realize that fewer people are filing
> for
> unemployment because most of our benefits have run out!!!

Yep. In my 11th month I have still only had 2-3 interviews for
positions I'm overqualified for but lack the requisite 5+ yrs
experience everyone wants. When my UI benefits run out next week, I
suppose that will be one less for the "unemployed" numbers, however
I'll still be out of a job. I am honing skills for my possible next
career. See what you think:
"Did you know you could super-size that combo for only $0.39 more?"