ITEC

Monty J. Harder lists at kc.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 14:00:28 CDT 2003

"Chris Bier" <cbier at liberty.k12.mo.us> wrote:

>   Yes.  We have a booth at ITEC.  Booth #1311.  The tickets are
> on their way, and I will have them for the next meeting Tuesday,
> the 21st.If you would like to help out at the booth, please post
> to the list to let everyone know.
>   Things we probably need for the booth: a 10x10 carpet, the KCLUG
> banner, a folding table, a few power strips, an extension cord,
> and any Linux demo stuff you want to bring.  Note: anything larger
> than a laptop will need to be left on site from Tuesday the 28th
> to the 30th.

  I've got the business cards, with the updated meeting time.  If we know
what CDs we're doing, I might be able to run some labels too.

  I think the Gateway Drug CDs went well, and having Knoppix as well as
several 'normal' distros worked out well too.  My biggest question is
whether or how to address the SCO mess.  I'm leaning toward putting together
a single sheet with basic facts and URLs to some of the best sites for
debunking info, to hand out to anyone who asks, but not to have anything on
display that even mentions it.

> Setup is Tuesday, the 28th from 9AM to 6PM.
> Tear-down is from 4:15PM to 8PM on Thursday, the 20th.

  We tear down a week before we set up????

> Chris Bier
> Interim Convention Coordinator

  I love this group.  Whoever wants to take the initiative to do something
just DOES it, and makes up a title to justify it later.  Kinda like Linux
that way.