apache and subdirectories

Matthew Freeland matthew at mfreeland.net
Wed Oct 15 19:22:25 CDT 2003

Hi.  I'm running apache on my personal server, though there's just a test page
up now.  The server responds fine if I go to www.mfreeland.net or
mfreeland.net or just about anything.mfreeland.net.  However, if I go to
GeorgeVIII.mfreeland.net, It will only work when accessed on the server.
Pinging it from the server gets 127.0.0.2.  I don't necessarily want to go to
be able to use GeorgeVIII.mfreeland.net, but, when I go to a subdirectory on
the apache server, like www.mfreeland.net/mythweb or
www.mfreeland.net/squirrelmail, it redirects to
GeorgeVIII.mfreeland.net/mythweb or squirrelmail.  I have looked through
httpd.conf and /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network/config and can't figure
it out.  Also, in the httpd.conf, I set ServerName to www.mfreeland.net, but
I still get the same results.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.

Matt Freeland