linux PVR's

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Oct 10 13:53:43 CDT 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 2:53 am, Zscoundrel wrote:

> I have tried many of the responses
> posted here and sometimes find them to be like walking along a railroad
> track at night during a full moon after a party.  Every couple of steps
> I stumble because something was left out and I didn't see the space
> between the ties until too late!

I think we need to realise the differences between friendly community advice
and a ready-to-publish HOWTO here.  In the list, we are suggesting and
discussing and evolving a solution.  It really isn't fair to expect everybody
who's willing to help to be as thorough as a HOWTO file.

On the other hand, we get some pretty good material here, and with a little
brush up, someone could edit a discussion down to a helpful procedure.  I'm
sure it would be welcome on the web site.