[KULUA] SBC Yahoo! DSL

Chris mohoelx at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 8 12:10:55 CDT 2003

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

>On Wednesday 08 October 2003 2:11 am, Chris wrote:
>

>>... However, the guys
>>at DSLREPORTS.COM not only respond to posts, but will work with you via
>>"private messaging".  I got a tech at 10:00 p.m. Sunday night to open a
>>ticket with ISI (or is it ASI?) and when they called back, they were
>>ready to sent a tech out at 'first truck roll'.
>>

>Yeah, but if your service is down, how do you reach them?

I keep a 56 k external modem handy - when I go down, I just switch to
dial-up, as painful as it is, long enough to get things going again.
Plug the modem into the D-Link, swap configs, and the whole house is
able once again to at least get email, and hit those "gotta do" web
sites.  Not fun, but not a way of life, either.  (Like I said, it's been
employed 2 times in nearly a year, the longes being for about 24 hours....)