FATX, Help Needed

Matt G linux at bizniche.com
Tue Oct 7 14:55:24 CDT 2003

> So it would make sense, this being a Microsoft product, if there were a
> Microsoft (endorsed) utility, probably about $50 - $60, that allowed you
> transfer files from your XP box to your X box.  Or am I being too logical?

Microsoft doesn't want you transfering anything to the xbox really.  When
used as it is intended, you can only transfer music from retail cd's to your
xbox...to be used as soundtracks in certain games.  Anything else that gets
recorded onto your xbox either comes from xbox games or from microsoft
servers (via xbox live).    They don't want you transfering things to the
xbox, because they fear that you'll load threatening software on it...like
linux, or media players, or game copiers.