FATX, Help Needed

Kain kain at kain.org
Tue Oct 7 12:35:14 CDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:23:26AM +0000, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> On Monday 06 October 2003 7:47 pm, Brian Huey wrote:
>
> > in order to do this, I need a file copied to my USB
> > Flash Disk, which is FATX formatted.
>
> For those of us who were napping, what is FATX, what system uses it, and why
> do you have your flash drive formatted in a filesystem you can't use?
FATX is the FAT32(?) variant that the X-Box uses as its hard disk AND memory
card filesystem.  Most of the methods of installing linux onto a non-modded
XBox innvolve putting a bad save-game onto a memory card and using that to
exploit an overflow of various sorts in an XBox game to boot arbitrary
software.
--
Bryon Roche
Professional {Developer,Guru,Mad Scientist}