Future of LUG (Party?)

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Mon Oct 6 21:59:22 CDT 2003

I'd be interested in doing the 3-Matrix marathon, and I think I could
probably talk my wife and a couple of her friends into at least joining me
for the new one at the Imax.  I'd also like to say I could host a party,
but I think my wife would kill that idea.

Since I can't host, I've got an 84" diagonal projector screen I would be
willing to lend to any event we end up scheduling.  It's a glass bead
screen and is a little damaged in the upper left corner, but you hardly
notice it once the movie gets going.  It's not free-standing so it would
have to be hung on a wall, or something.

- Kevin

             Paul Thompson
             <captbunzo at squirr
             elmail.org>                                                To
             Sent by:                  kclug at kclug.org
             owner-kclug at marau                                          cc
             der.illiana.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Future of LUG  (Party?)
             10/06/2003 04:14
             PM

If a party is going to happen, someone is going to have to step up to
the plate and just organize it. Don't try to find the perfect time,
place, etc. Just find a good time, place, etc.

Otherwise, we will talk a lot and not ever get around to partying.

If folks are interested, I can put together a kclug affiliated group to
go see Matrix Revolutions in a month. And, I suppose, if we wanted to be
really witty, it could be a longer event or a two part event where we
watch Matrix 1 & 2 first or the night before or something.

I am sure that one of those digital LCD projectors could be involved. I
have access to one that could be used, as well as the one that was
already volunteered on the list.

So, on that topic, who is interested in a Matrixathon. And would people
prefer getting together the day before the release for 1&2, and then see
the new one the next day? Or perhaps we could try to cram it all into
one day/event.

Of course, being a group event would help with the whole standing in
line at the theater, bit...

Anyhow, just my 3.5 cents.

Paul Thompson