Fun stuff . . . MP3 playing

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Fri Nov 28 05:19:34 CST 2003

You know, the obvious things can be such a pain .  . . such as my little
MP3 experiences.  I finally (after a year) moved the Linux player to it's
final destination.  All that's left is to get an UPS and I need to drill
some holes to get my patch cable routed a little better to the home
stereo.  This is my little "random play jukebox" command:

mpg123 -g 40 -z -@ files.lst

This sets my hardware gain to "40" and randomly plays files from my
files.lst.  To build my files.lst I just do this:

find *.mp3 > files.lst