lpd print question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Nov 26 21:48:17 CST 2003

This is one reason why I use cups, so I don't have to mess
with the printcap file. It's a point and click type of choice
in cups. Also in a gui you should be able to open the print manager
and change the banner. If you really must have console control
and want to do it the hard way in the printcap file, do this:
open up the printcap file and find the entry for the printer in
question and remove this command option ':sh:'. This command tells the
printer to suppress banners.

HTH,
Brian