Kernel Config Time

Hanasaki JiJi hanasaki at hanaden.com
Mon Nov 24 02:54:19 CST 2003

Based on my system... Athlon 600 with 256 meg ram
	1 hr to config and compile kernel 2.4.x or 2.6 test9

The first time configuring a kernel, plan on 4+ hrs

Why so long? because if its the first time, you have much reading of the
help menus and googling to learn things.

After the first couple times, plan on 20 mins, max, to configure a
kernel.  For major kernel upgrades, add up to 30 mins to pickout, and
learn about, the new/changed stuff.
= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =
=     http://www.sun.com/service/sunps/jdc/javacenter.pdf       =
=  www.sun.com | www.javasoft.com | http://www.sun.com/sunone   =