Small Web Browser?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Sun Nov 23 11:38:03 CST 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Leo J Mauler wrote:

> Well, it seems like I'm getting X to work with the generic VESA driver.
>
> New question: whats the smallest web browser anyone has found which can
> still do fairly current HTML standards plus Javascript?

I would like to introduce you to Links.  It will work with your hardware
to give you the best experience possible.  Yes, it will run javascript,
with or without X, mouse, or intuitively through the keypad, FAST on small
hardware like my P120 and 32MB of RAM, do animated gifs, bookmarks,
frames, popup blocker, antialiased fonts...  Everything you asked for.
And more!

This is the web browser that doesn't crash, is not slow, always renders
troublesome pages, and is the best hidden secret of the internet over the
years.  Did I mention it is FAST?

Don't believe me?  If the screenshots don't convince you, try running it:

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/links/features.html

And Links has some good competition:

http://elinks.or.cz/about.html

This is proof that full featured software can run fast with a full feature
set on hardware others deem absolutely useless junk.  Software bloat
should be considered a crime.