Meeting spaces change?

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Sat Nov 22 08:34:35 CST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:47:26 -0600 "Brian Kelsay" <BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov>
writes:
> Sorry about the top-posting and the messed up quoting.  I'm using
> Groupwise at work and I haven't figured out how to use it fully.
>
> First off Leo, we meet the 1st Wed. and the 3rd Tues. of each month.
>  The actual schedule is always posted to the main page at kclug.org.
>  The odd days were to give people who can't make a Wed. ever, a
> chance to attend.  The funky week spread was figured out long ago to
> make it approx. 2 weeks between meetings even in long and short
> months.  Basically a happy medium.  And yes, it is quirky, and we
> like it.

I figured there was a good reason, and giving a meeting to people who
work Wednesday evenings but not Tuesdays (or vice versa) does make a lot
of sense.

So people who are denied their Tuesday KCLUG meetings will have their own
personal world explode.  I can understand it.  :)

> Jason's reservation of the room on campus could just be a
> trial date to see if people like the room, facilities, location,
> etc. without moving our normal nights yet.  Raise a flag and
> see who salutes, so to speak.

Sounds like a good idea.

> No the world won't explode if we change, but as you say tradition
> plays a part, as do people's memory.  Hal has researched LUGs that
> have made changes and failed.  Failure is, LUG folds due to lack of
> interest, lack of attendence, no one knows where the bloody meeting
> will be this month or if we will have one.   We do not take this
> change lightly because we have a very successful group, meeting
> attendance, etc.
> TRADITION!!

Hmph.  Now I have to drag out my "Fiddler on the Roof" soundtrack and
listen to it again.  I've forgotten enough of the "Tradition!" song to
not be able to quote any now.