Netintercept and SSH Decryption

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Nov 20 23:57:18 CST 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 03:44 pm, Jason Clinton wrote:

> As long as law states that
> corporations can claim ownership of the data you transmit from their
> network, I don't see any way around this issue.

Easy.  Send a file you own copyright to over an SSH link via the company net.
If they decrypt it,  they're busted.  Like, transfer an eBook to your home
PC.

You're busted for misusing company resources, but they're busted for breaking
the encryption.

Hey, if spouting opinions regarding laws was "giving legal advice", there
wouldn't be any taverns left - the patrons would all have been busted!