Dialin Access to Cable Modem

chuckx at cold-sun.com chuckx at cold-sun.com
Thu Nov 20 20:05:09 CST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 04:28:03AM -0600, Leo J Mauler wrote:

> Lemme tell ya about TWC's special "dial-up" access.
>
> It doesn't exist as part of regular RoadRunner Service!
>
> You have to pay them another $15-$20 a month for dialup service, in
> addition to whatever you're paying them for RoadRunner.

I don't know where you got that information from, but it is incorrect.

http://dialaccess.rr.com

The service is free for the time being.  When the trial period ends (if it ever does), you still
get the first 10 hours / month for free.

The only pain is that you need to use a login script that will handle the different POP's you may
dial into.  The dialin script is distributed as part of a dialup application that's available on
the above web site.  If you're dialing from a Linux machine, google for a solution.  I know others
have ported the script or implemented an equivalent work around.

--
Charles Lee