Message Order

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Tue Nov 18 15:09:58 CST 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Zscoundrel wrote:

> One of the problems with Linux systems being so reliable is the PC clock
> can wander off.  I have mine set to sync up with one of the internet
> time servers so it is usually with a second or two of wha thte atomic
> clocks are set at.

I know what you're saying. I've been running ntp on my Linux boxes for years.
Why are computer clocks so good at gaining/losing time?

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

College football is a game which would be much more interesting if the faculty
played instead of the students, and even more interesting if the trustees
played.  There would be a great increase in broken arms, legs, and necks,
and simultaneously an appreciable diminution in the loss to humanity.
		-- H. L. Mencken