OT laptop keyboard circuit trace repair

rod holcomb rodbrenda.2 at gbronline.com
Mon Nov 17 18:31:15 CST 2003

Hello all.

Q  #1 )Does anyone have a conductive paint or marker that is used to repair the traces on a circuit
board or in this case the traces on the film under a laptop keyboard?

Q #2) Have you had good luck with it?

Over the weekend was able to make the keyboard operational by cleaning it and using aluminum foil
held down by Scotts tape over the damaged traces.  Juice was spill on it. What I’ve done
by-and-large does work however; some of the Cntl and Alt combinations do not work.

Q #3 ) would a _poor_ trace work for a single key press but not work for some  key combinations?

I will be at meeting tomorrow if anyone has a product they are confident will work.

Thanks in advance.
rod holcomb