Unix Admin Question...

Matt G linux at bizniche.com
Thu Nov 13 18:08:13 CST 2003

I have a unix related question.    The box is running Solaris (SunOS 5.9)

I have a server that i've recently taken 'ownership' of here at work.   It
occationally sends out admin messages to the old owner, but I'm not sure how
to change who they go to etc.   The box is running Solaris (SunOS 5.9)

For example, I was editing a file in vi and closed it prematurely, and the
old admin got this message:

<snip>
A copy of an editor buffer of your file "set" was saved on <hostname> when
the editor was killed or was unable to save your changes.This buffer can be
retrieved using the "recover" command of the editor.An easy way to do this
is to give the command "vi -r set".This works for "edit" and "ex" also.
</snip>

It's not just for vi messages...but for failed cron jobs, space
notifications etc.

Anyone have an idea where I'd change that?  I have root on this machine so I
can change anything.

Thanks,
Matt