Debian Audio Problems?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Nov 13 04:21:53 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Townsend" <norbertjones at charter.net>

> I am having a bit of an odd problem with my audio in Woody. I hosed my
> system and had to re-install. I had sound working before...

Did you do an actual wipe-the-drives reinstall, or did you install over what
you already had (like an upgrade)?

If you did the latter, you might try the former, as I've noticed that the
upgrade scripts do some wierd things with existing configurations for marginal
hardware (marginal as in the script doesn't quite understand it).  Had serious
problems with the latest Mandrake upgrade and my CD burner...