installing or using a CD burning package

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Mon Nov 10 13:59:20 CST 2003

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:52:13 -0600 Brian Kelsay <bkelsay at comcast.net>
writes:
> Jason Clinton wrote:
>
> > Leo J Mauler wrote:
> >
> >> I tend to want to process MP3s into WAVs first, just to
> >> make things easier for the CD-Burner.  If you have the
> >> drive space, you might want to do that first, as it will save
> >> some time later when you burn audio.  Also, I've got some
> >> really old radio show MP3s (the shows are old, not the
> >> MP3s) which decode at half the duration and a pitch up
> >> about 12 semitones (so the actors sound like Alvin and the
> >> Chipmunks).  So to burn them properly as audio, I have to
> >> dive in and not only do a pitch shift of -12 semitones, I
> >> usually then have to resample to 44100 from their default
> >> 22050 (yes it degrades the audio, but we're talking about
> >> mono
> >
> > My god! I had no idea we had masochists on our list! ;)
> >
> > Seriously, though. I don't know about other burning software,
> > but Arson will covert and resample on the fly. MP3's, OGGS,
> > FLACs,  etc.
>
> Yeah, and he probably reads his email in text only.  Nudge, nudge.

If you can't present your message in plaintext, its not worth sending.
Graphical E-Mail only encourages people to say as little as possible
in the BIGGEST email possible.

About 20% of my last job was slogging through PowerPoint E-Mail sent
by Human Resources.  Usually it was a 5MB file sent...to tell us it was
snowing.  Or a 7MB file to remind us that a tan four-door sedan had its
lights on.  And occasionally a 3MB PowerPoint E-mail telling us...that
everyone who ran to the Human Resources desk right now got to go
home early.  And thanks to them occasionally sending REAL information
by their HUGE PowerPoint E-mails, you had to read *each and every one*,
or be accused of "not reading your E-mail" when you didn't know the
answer to some customer support question.

Oh, and the E-Mail system would complain about once a DAY that you
had way too much E-Mail in your E-Mail box and needed to delete some
of it.  Except that you didn't have printer access and some of the
information
was *important*, just tied up in a 45MB PowerPoint Presentation
which contained about 10k of ACTUAL TEXT.

Sorry, but if you can't send it in plaintext then you clearly have no
good
reason to send it to me, and way too much time on your hands.

A picture may say a thousand words, but most of those words usually
turn out to be "blah blah blah".

> Probably is one of those guys that still listens to records (LP) and
> is converting them to a digital format.

What, you have a little webcam installed in my home or something?
Two for two so far.