Novell rant, and other assorted Linux rants

Jeremy Fowler JFowler at westrope.com
Thu Nov 6 17:02:12 CST 2003

Luckily Novell has been working with Linux for a long time now and already ported a lot of their
software, including eDirectory.

Installing Novell eDirectory on Linux
Many of you have asked for information about how to install eDirectory
on Linux. Here's the info. And if you have anything to add, let us know.

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/nds/features/a_install_edir_linux_edir.html

How to Configure Linux to Authenticate to eDirectory via LDAP
Here are the steps necessary to configure system authentication of a
Linux host to Novell eDirectory over LDAP.
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/nds/features/a_config_linux_auth_ldap_edir.html

GUI tools for Linux - dTk (ndsrepair), nTk (ndsconfig)
Check this out. These two useful eDirectory tools, formerly known as
NDSREPAIR and NDSCONFIG are now available in the Novell Forge.
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/nds/features/tips/t_ndsrepair_unix_nds.html

Login Problem on RedHat Linux
If you're having problems logging in to the tree on RedHat, here's a
workaround from Martin Wong.
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/nds/features/tips/t_login_redhat_edir.html

Got Linux? We're Here for You.
Update: The NNLS open beta is now available. If your company is
planning to incorporate Linux desktops or servers any time soon, you'll
want to get up to speed in our brand-new Nterprise Linux Services Cool
Solutions, set to launch in December 2003. Come subscribe to the
newsletter, take a survey (for a chance at a cool prize) and give us a
piece of your mind.
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/nds/features/tips/t_linux_cool_nnls.html