Novell rant, and other assorted Linux rants

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Nov 6 16:53:43 CST 2003

IIRC, Mandrake ships with LDAP enabled, and will install Samba.
I don't know what PDC is (Promiscuous Data Compression?). I once
looked at using LDAP in Mandrake to do something with security. I
didn't spend too much time on it though as I found LDAP to be
to arcane. I'm not sure what you are looking to do, but why
do you need Samba+PDC+LDAP. Why not just Samba? It's easy enough
to set up that a 'secretary' could do it. Usually the simplest
answer is the correct one. Don't add complexity unless you
really need it.  ;)

Brian