OT Novell

Phoenician phoenician at phoenixcolony.com
Thu Nov 6 16:11:23 CST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-kclug at marauder.illiana.net
[mailto:owner-kclug at marauder.illiana.net] On Behalf Of Jonathan Hutchins
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 8:27 AM
To: kclug at kclug.org
Subject: Re: OT Novell

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 11:23 pm, Brian Kelsay wrote:

>> I got one fact I definitely need to get straight.  Novell 6.0 on a
>> PII-300 w/ 256MB of RAM is dog slow when you run the Java desktop.  It
>> was slow from command line too, but not as much.

>Is this a server that is actually running Novell as the base OS?  What do
you
>do with a java desktop on a server?

Use the GUI to interact if you are not as comfortable with command line.
Also there are some tools that cannot initially be run from command line,
such as eDirectory.  A better solution would be to setup eDirectory,
ZENworks to be managed from an administrative workstation via ConsoleOne.

http://www.novell.com/products/consoles/consoleone/

- Michienne

Subvert The Dominant Paradigm