Lets clear up some misconceptions

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Nov 6 15:28:35 CST 2003

Well what is yours? The one I referred to was the most
complete and reliable one I had read. Oh sure I read a lot of
whacko ones from people who didn't have a clue, but I usually
discount ones that don't have any corroborating material. There
are lots of conspiracy theory writers out there, but only a few
who actually check their facts.

> > ... thus preventing the blackout that happened this summer.
>
> Isn't English a wonderful language?
Yes, it is, but of course you have to read carefully.
Especially when you take phrases out of context.
So let me rephrase it for you.
I was talking about *two* different occasions.
The first part of that sentence talked about the SQL worm
that hit earlier and that the persons who are supposed to call
from one grid to another grid actually made the call when the
SQL worm hit and thus the end result was not a blackout across
the entire East Coast, but resulted in the other grids routing
around the downed section. This is what didn't happen this summer,
where the operator *didn't* make the phone call, and thus no
other grid knew to route around the bad grid and a cascade happened.
If you are going to quote me, please at least make sure you use enough of
the sentence to be comprehensible as a whole. ;)

Brian