Lets clear up some misconceptions

jlamar7 at comcast.net jlamar7 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 05:23:28 CST 2003

Regarding Microsoft operating systems, control software,
and nuclear power plants:

I don't know if any nuclear plants run Windows-based control
systems.  Honeywell DCS control systems run Windows NT on the
operator stations.  These are commonly used in chemical
plants for plantwide process control.  I'm not sure if the
backend containing the data acquisition and control systems runs
Microsoft or a proprietary operating system, but the operator
interface stations do run Windows.