LDAP.

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Wed Nov 5 21:20:40 CST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Chris Wagner wrote:

> What's a distributed directory? Is it similar to mapping network shares or something totally
different?

> Sorry, but I'm a total newbie to this.

Don't think of "directory" in that sense. Think of it like a phone directory
only highly configurable with the ability to have custom fields. It can list
usernames, uids, gids, home directories, department, phone numbers, office
number, group memberships, rights to given resources, and a million other
uses.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government
working for you.
		-- Will Rogers