Novell

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Nov 5 19:50:37 CST 2003

[snip]
> I am worried that SuSE magically becomes Novell Linux
> would be a very hard to swallow pill for me.   On the other
> hand, I think it
> pre-mature to call Ximian and SuSE dead at this point... Do
> we need to keep
> our eyes on it?  YOU BET.  Hopefully though, Novell has
> enough sense to
> listen to the users that make SuSE a good purchase in the first place!
Actually I don't look down at Novell as a dead company.
After all any company worth $2.5 Billion can't be too
dead. Plus all this SCO garbage may actually help them.
Because there is no way SCO can go after SuSE once the
deal is closed, since Novell still owns Unix SysVR4.
[SCO: "We own your IP"]
[Novell/SuSE/IBM: *WHACK*]
I mirror your hope about SuSE. I would like to see SuSE
remain as a viable distro, even if the name does someday change.