Novell

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Nov 5 17:07:23 CST 2003

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 09:27 am, Garrett Goebel wrote:

> Novell exists because it has a solid product which customers are loathe
> to leave.

Entrenched systems, primarily governmental.  The U.S. Post Office is one of
the sustaining customers.

> You don't hear many stories about people adopting Novell products...

I haven't heard of a company moving _to_ Novell since the last Lantastic
migration I did.  Again, it's entrenched systems that require Novell, or
possibly Groupware infrastructures, running primarily in non-commercial
organizations that lack the budget to migrate to more current solutions.