[KULUA] Re: Looking for alternative to Redhat

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Nov 5 16:24:08 CST 2003

-----Original Message-----
> From: Jason Clinton
>
>> Rick Meeker wrote:
>>
>>> I listened to the Novell press conference call this morning. They have
>>> no intention off expending any resources on SuSE's desktop offerings.
>>> Novell's intent is to go after the enterprise server market and that's
>>> all they're interested in.
>>
>> I disagree. Do you really think that Novell will just leave the city of
>> Munich (and countless other European customers) in the dust?  I don't think
>> so.
>
> Well, regardless, that's what they said. SuSE will continue to do it's
> thing; Novell just won't be adding anything extra to it.
Which is a good thing. Although I didn't like parts of SuSE when I tried it
out, it is a good distro, and I hate to see the community lose a good distro.
On the Corel Linux, I actually bought a copy, and although it was rather
sparse, I found it to be quite stable. I agree Novell might have been
able to improve and market it. I also think this is a good potential move.
My only fear is when I think about this whole thing, I keep seeing Kahn
saying with his last breath quoting Melville's Captain Ahab
"from hell's heart I stab at thee;
 for hates sake I spit my last breath at thee."

Brian