Looking for alternative to Redhat

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Wed Nov 5 03:44:22 CST 2003

S Maggard wrote:

>> From what I understand there will be no RHN update service for fedora -
>>and as of yesterday they only will let you point it at one machine. I'm
>>not paying $80/year per machine.
>

> Fedora does include up2date, and yum, and from what I understand you can
> make up2date use yum.  I have been using the beta and it seems pretty
> stable.

Yes, but what is the new cost per machine? For me it was 5 machines for
$80/year or $16/machine-year

My take is that Redhat is bailing out of desktop Linux now that Novel
and Suse are one.

Looks like their stock took a hit with the game they are playing -
almost 12% down

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=RHAT&d=t

Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com