Looking for alternative to Redhat

Paul Thompson captbunzo at squirrelmail.org
Tue Nov 4 19:14:11 CST 2003

Karl Schmidt wrote:
> Now that redhat has written early adapters off (after first mangling
> KDE) I'm looking for a new distribution.
>
> I tested KDE and Mandrake a bit
>
> See http://xtronics.com/reference/suse_vs_mandrake.html
>
> But I'm not sold on either one at this point.
>
> What should I look at next for a third KDE friendly distribution?

I will never use anything but Debian. IMHO, the way a Debian system
manages itself is so much more mature then what I have seen in most
other distributions. And, of course, it actually has a real packaging
system that isn't stuck dealing with deficiencies that have been around
for years.

I mean, after all, haven't they had enough time to eliminate file level
dependancies from RPM?

--
Paul Joseph Thompson
captbunzo at squirrelmail.org