Taking the Plunge-Resolution

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Nov 3 19:18:47 CST 2003

open up a shell (either from the gui or command line),
go to the directory where you have downloaded the file,
'untar -xvzf' it into a temp directory (optionally untar where it is),
change to the directory created by the untar command,

<optional>
read the install notes and modify any of the following
instructions for specifics in the install notes,
read any readme files,
</optional>

run make as a non-root user,
run make install,

<optional>
edit the KDE/gnome/whatever-gui menu system to reflect the new app,
make a link on the desktop of the new app,
</optional>

use it.