Trying to compile kernel 2.4.20 on sparc64

Kevin Hodle kevinh at aos5.com
Mon Mar 31 17:32:47 CST 2003

Hey guys, experiencing some wierdness trying to build a fresh 2.4.20 kernel on my sun ultra5.. The
installation is SuSe 7.3 (default kernel 2.4.14), here are some other specs:

gcc-2.95.3-63
binutils-2.11.90.0.29-14
glibc-2.2.4-20

.. I have compiled hundreds of kernels on x86 with no problems, so this is kinda bugging me..
Initial steps go smoothly (make mrproper, make menuconfig, make dep), however when I try to do a
'make bzImage' or 'make zImage', I get:

make: *** No rule to make target `bzImage'.  Stop.

... I am looking through Rules.make right now (its not pretty), but I thought there might be
something easy I am missing here.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kevin Hodle
CCNA, Network+, A+
Alexander Open Systems