AOL Blocking Dynamic Addresses

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Mar 27 16:06:12 CST 2003

Quoting Hanasaki JiJi <hanasaki at hanaden.com>:

> Perhaps it is a way to "enourage" those using with SMTP servers on
> Residential RR accounts to "upgrade" to a business account?

> AOL / RR / timewarner are all in a close business relationship, arent they?

Well, RoadRunner belongs to Time Warner Cable, which is owned by AOL, but I
haven't seen any evidence of cooperation so far.  I think it's just the best
they can figure out to do to block spammers.

RoadRunner doesn't seem too interested in getting people to "upgrade" to
business class, I think they have all the business they can handle.