Non-BBQ resturants

Jennifer Dozar ijiwax at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Mar 24 08:08:18 CST 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Matthew Copple wrote:

> On 3/22/03 10:05 PM, "Charles Steinkuehler" <charles at steinkuehler.net>
> wrote:
>
> > OK, does anyone have any resturant suggestions *OTHER* than BBQ?
> >
> > I've always liked the Savoy downtown, and am partial to LuLu's (Thai
> > noodle bar near Architectural Salvage that moved in from Lawrence), but
> > being from Topeka, I'm sure I don't know the best hangouts of the locals...
>
> Japanese: Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse, across from Metro North Mall

Oo! I've been there :) That was a pretty good place. Jun's isn't a
steakhouse, they have other dishes, ones that i prefer. But Japanese
Habachi is good too! :)

> Italian: Garazzo's -- the one in Columbus Park neighborhood (the original)
> Chinese: Red Dragon (downtown, 8th street east of Broadway), and North
> Dragon (owned by same family, north of the river)
> Seafood: McCormick & Schmick's, on the Country Club Plaza.
>
> I wholeheartedly second the suggestions of Golden Ox and Genghis Khan
> Mongolian BBQ. Both are outstanding spots.

The mongolian place is most excellent! :) I have been there on several
occasions and I believe i went there once more before i moved

> If you just want a burger and fries, you can't go wrong with Tanner's
> (downtown, on Broadway) or the Peanut (downtown again, west off Broadway).

Tanner's freakin rules! :) I love Tanners! my brother lives like right by
there too! :) Great place for food!

> Kansas City, especially the area near downtown, is full of great
> restaurants. I could use a lot of electrons listing them all!

Kansas City has some excellent restaurants. WHen iw as in NY it was hard
to go places, cause i knew all the good ones in Kansas City! And you are
right about the BBQ in other cities. I tried a place in NYC and it wasn't
as good as KC BBQ. There is a BBQ place here in Vegas that is called
Memphis Bar-b-que. It is okay, definitly not KC BBQ, i'd rather have
Oden's anyday!