BBQ (was Re: Finally starting preparations for the move...)

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Mar 23 04:43:31 CST 2003

D' Bronx at 39th and Bell next to KU Med Ctr and Stateline also has great
deli sandwiches, soup and 30" pizzas that kick a**.   Right next door is my
favorite Mongolian BBQ, Ghengis Khan.  They have awesome soup and finger
foods, the mongolian BBQ is great, the cooks are nice, good carrot cake for
dessert or a cinnamon spice bread and the manager always comes to the table
to see how our meal was and to say hi to the kids.

For regular American BBQ I love Oklahoma Joe's.   Great sauce, meat and
fries.
Smokestack is good, but expensive.  At the Country Club Plaza go to KC
Masterpiece for BBQ or right upstairs is a great Japanese steakhouse, The
Hibachi.
Smokin' Joe's BBQ is good downtown KC.  I went to a street stand in front of
the Federal Bldg at 12th and Cherry and they serve a sandwich, fries and a
Coke for $5.
I prefer Gates and KC Masterpiece sauce to Arthur Bryant's.   Bryant's sauce
went to hell after the old man died.   Zarda BBQ is pretty good too.   The
restaurant someone mentioned that is in the Union Station is Pierpont's and
everything I had there is awesome, but come with a loaded wallet.  I got my
lunch paid for by a consulting company.   And just around the corner on
Broadway is the Herford House.   If you can find your way to the Kemper
arena on Washington you will be next to The Golden Ox.   I used to work in
the bldg attached to it and the smell of steak would get me every day.

Enough about food, I'm getting hungry now thinking about this stuff.
Welcome to KC!!
Brian Kelsay